Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, November 14, 2016

Centered on Christ



When I walked into the boys bedroom I found one exhausted little boy, sound asleep on the floor!
My sweet kids seem to work and play so hard that this sight isn't really all that uncommon...
At a glance, this scene wasn't unfamiliar at all...
Until I looked a little closer and saw this...


Gavin's note that he wrote says, 

"I want my life centered on Christ."

OK, now, if you want to talk about tugging on some heart strings, THIS will do some tugging alright!!!
This sweet little boy has such a tender little heart and is constantly saying and doing things like this that show the kind of person that he really is inside.
He may just be a little 11 year old boy that is really kind, and happy, and really good at basketball...
But he's also a little 11 year old boy with a heart of gold that's the size of a giant!

Gavin has the most sweet disposition and is so loving to ALL of the kids at school...even the ones that like to make trouble. He says the most thoughtful prayers, and is keenly aware of the needs of those around him.
So...
For me to see a note like this written by Gavin does NOT surprise me AT ALL.
It just makes my heart swell up with gratitude and love, 
and so excited for all of the amazing things that he is going to do in his awesome little life!
Gavin, 
your life IS centered on Christ and you are such an example to me and all of your family!
I'm trying to be like Jesus...
and so is Gavin.
:)

No comments: