Heartstrings By Susette

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Kierra's Christmas Tree

As time continues to FLY by, I have been thinking a lot about the holidays...the fun, the traditions, the people that I wish I could see, (like my dad)...and then people that I WILL get to see...like Kierra :)

I thought of how I wanted to go down to Provo to BYU and surprise Kierra with a Christmas tree for her apartment...but then, she called me soon after that and expressed how much she missed our home at Christmas... She found herself distracted in the store by looking at all of the Christmas decorations that reminded her of home...and I knew that I couldn't surprise her.
 I HAD to tell her right then what my plan was...

I'M COMING WITH A TREE!!!
So, I headed down to her place at 5:00 am and delivered a bit of sunshine...(OK, maybe it was a LOT of sunshine since Kierra said her roommates were so excited that they were jumping on the couches!! :)
I worked quickly while Kierra sat  on the couch next to me and talked to me about her life, and then stuck her nose into her books to get her studies done...It didn't matter what she was doing though...I was just so happy to be with her there. :)
 She is such a sweet daughter and so full of the Spirit and love. 
The other day when she called me, I had my first melt down over the phone and cried because I miss her. 
I do not want her to think that I'm sad that she's gone...it's quite the opposite in fact. I'm SO happy for her to be so ready for this next chapter in her life, and to know that she is experiencing life in such an amazing way...it's just that she used to ALWAYS come home everyday and tell me ALL of the details of EVERYTHING about her life and I miss that...
She still tells me ALL of the details of her life when we can talk, but I just genuinely miss having her right here by my side. She is one of my very best friends, next to her Daddy of course...:)
 So, ANY time that I get with her is a favorite of mine, and I feel like it's a treasure.
So when I think about all of the good things about Christmas, it makes me happy to think of her in the mix...she will get to come home and celebrate with us, (which will be AWESOME) and I can sit at home knowing that she is probably studying by the Christmas tree that I put up for her...or maybe she is snuggling up to some cute guy by the glow of the lights on the tree...
but NAAAH...that's what mistletoe is for, and I was SURE to not leave any of that there!!! ;)
I love you Kierra and am so glad that you are a constant bight, shining star in my life! Just like the warmth of the lights of the Christmas tree, and the feelings that Christmas brings, YOU are a gift everyday 
and I'm THE LUCKIEST MOMMA in the world to have you for a daughter!!!
When you see the tree, I hope you FEEL just how much you are LOVED!!!
Because you are!!! XOXOXOXO

No comments: