2 Nephi 31:20
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father, Ye shall have eternal life,"
(Susette, Michelle, Lorelei, and Susan on the top of the Conference Center, Salt Lake City, Utah)
I have felt so blessed to have these amazing women by my side, serving in the young women's organization of the church together for the last 3 years.
Rubbing shoulders with some of Heavenly Father's most valiant daughters,
and taking part in the work of service, love, and discipleship have been nothing short of
a privilege and part of a miracle...
We have gone through so much together that these friends of mine are also my sisters.
So dear to my heart and always will be...
Presidency meetings every Wednesday afternoon and weekly activities every Wednesday night, Sunday lessons and planning meetings and visits and counsels...Girls camp, youth conference, Oakcrest, and temple trips...the list goes on and on!
We have also helped each other personally with marriages and missions, babies and death, health problems and aging parents, school activities and sports events, community events and personal struggles...
When you experience so much, and then know that a change is coming,
it can be hard to say goodbye to the times that you have had together...
but I will ALWAYS treasure these beautiful friends along with all of the memories!
They have become some of my most prized possessions, and things that I know I can take with me. Michelle, Lorelei, and Susan, I love you and am so thankful to call you my sisters and friends!
(Carew, Dallin, Susette, and Kierra on the top of the Conference Center, Salt Lake City, Utah)
Another blessing of the timing of this great calling was the opportunity that I had to be surrounded by my own sweet children for so many awesome and faith building experiences! Seeing them at the activities each week, interacting with their peers, and seeing their testimonies grow, always gave me such a sense of gratitude and satisfaction. They are strong and clean and good...oh so good. And they teach me more than they will ever know...
I'm so grateful for each one of them and their tender and genuine hearts. I will also cherish all of the memories that I have with them being in the youth programs. But, lucky for me, I get to live with these guys and continue on with the faith building and the FUN!!! :)
(Bobbi, Diane, Laura, Katie, Jill, Susan, Diane, Lorelei, Susette, and AshLee at Heber Vally Camp)
"We are daughters of our Heavenly Father who loves us, and we love Him.
We will stand as witnesses of God at all times, and in all things, and in all places,
as we strive to live the young women values which are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity and
Virtue.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values, we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple,
and enjoy the blessings of exaltation."
Press forward my friends...press forward!



No comments:
Post a Comment