Our family has a tradition of studying conference talks for Family Home Evening...
Every Sunday, we all read the same talk that someone took a turn to choose, and individually we highlight different things that stood out to us, taught us something we loved, or inspired us in some way.
Then, later we gather together and share with each other our different thoughts...
I love doing this because each one of us always has something different to share, and it really helps my children to learn to apply the gospel in their own lives just how they need it.
Plus, they get a little practice in sharing their thoughts and testimonies,
which will only help them later on in so many different aspects of life...
After we share our thoughts with each other, we write in our journals how we can apply the talk to our lives right now...I hope and pray that somehow, someway, SOMETHING will sink in deep and touch their hearts and CONVERT them to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I KNOW that through Him and His teachings that we can be truly happy and find REAL JOY in this life, and throughout the eternities. I just need them to KNOW this for THEMSELVES...
We are working at it...at living it and coming to know it EVERY SINGLE DAY!
I especially love when I find them studying together like I did on this day...I always encourage them to read together, but when I see that they have done it on their own, it makes me feel like they are doing it because they WANT to and not because they HAVE to...
I feel that they genuinely have good hearts and long for the familiar feeling of the Spirit that teaches them...
They are so precious to me and I want nothing more than for each one of them to know Jesus Christ personally, and to commit to living His gospel wholeheartedly! Because I KNOW that's how they will find peace, joy, and comfort in this crazy world that we live in...
I love these sweet kids!
I love their good hearts, and I love the gospel of Jesus Christ!


No comments:
Post a Comment