Heartstrings By Susette

Friday, April 28, 2017

Riley Graduates! Be AWE~FULL!

 "Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift...that's why it's called the present."
Quoted by Bradley D. Foster of the Quorum of the Seventy at BYU Graduation...
We also heard speeches about going out into the world to "Be AWE~FULL!"
Not to be awful, but to live in AWE of the wondrous things around us in a wonderful opportunity filled world, and then making a difference in it...I will never think of the word awful the same...AWE~ FULL :)
Only a very intelligent person could take such a negative word, change it to become so meaningful, and then give a speech at a University Graduation Commencement ceremony that people will NEVER forget!!!
 Congratulations Riley Drew Johnson for your outstanding accomplishments!!!
Good things like this don't happen by just standing by idly, but by setting goals, working hard, and sacrificing somethings for the best things...
 Kierra is so proud of you too...she kept smiling and "shimmying" :) each time she would say it!!!
 So happy and proud....
 We also had the privilege of meeting Riley's parents Jim (JD) and Susan Johnson. What fun, amazing people they are too! No wonder where Riley gets it from! ;)
 I can tell that Riley's mom and I are going to have fun getting to know each other and getting this wedding planning under way!!! These really are such exciting times that we are in...
 After the Graduation we had a dinner reservation at Tucano's Brazilian restaurant. We had quite a bit of time before our reservation, so we all sat around visiting and getting to know one another. I really enjoyed it. :)
We had fun with the "birthday boy" server...(That's an inside joke;) and eating sooo much yummy food!!!
 Kierra and Riley couldn't get close enough to each other...EVER. :) 
Which makes me so happy for them. THAT'S the way it should be from here to forever!!!
 Then, at the end of the night as we all got ready to say goodbye, Riley spotted a HUGE piece of chocolate cake that didn't get finished on the table behind us...he quickly encouraged his brother~in~law Creed to go gather it in his to~go box because "you can't waste chocolate cake like that!!!"
Kierra, Susan, and I were dying laughing, partly out of disbelief, and partly full of "AWE"...
We were in "AWE" of what he was doing...THIS is living "AWE~FULL!!!"
Or should I say "AWFUL!!!" I'm not quite sure!!! :)

1 comment:

Nicky Anderson said...

You my friend are the most amazing uplifting person I have ever been blessed to know. I love you so much and look up to you all the time. You are a blessing to each and everyone you come in contact with. I need to keep up on your blog more. I am truly touched by all the entries I read. I love, love love you!!