Heartstrings By Susette

Monday, June 12, 2017

Carew Enters the Temple

 Saturday, June 10th was a very special day...one that I have helped my children prepare for since the day they were born. It was finally Carew's turn to enter the House of the Lord, His holy temple and receive his endowments. 
 We went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple that is just 10 minutes from our house. We arrived at 12:45 for the 2:15 session where we were greeted by a cute old man that was there to show us around and everything that we needed to do. I entered the temple with Carew and Clint and then the boys went their way and I met them later in the chapel where Carew came in with the biggest smile on his face! He was all dressed in white, as we all were. Grandpa Trickett, Riley, and our home teacher Mike Jamison were all there too (and I'm sure that Grandpa Panter was there in spirit as well;)...I felt so very happy.
 I can't really describe the emotions that I felt...I was just so so very happy for Carew.
 Happy that he has made it to this point in his life...
happy for the decisions that he has made thus far so that he is worthy to be here...
happy that he loves the gospel and is making these decisions because
 he WANTS to and not because he HAS to...
happy that he is prepared and excited and not nervous or afraid...
happy for the many many blessings that await him and how he is making it one step closer 
to eternal life with Heavenly Father...
I just can't describe the feelings...
Clint was his escort which naturally felt right. He stood by his side, helped him, and guided him as he does every single day of his life! Clint is such a great example to our children and I'm so grateful for the love that he has for the gospel as well and that he has shown the boys just how awesome it is to be good. :)
Blessings flow, there is peace, and JOY flows when you are worthy to go to the temple...and now Carew has gone! He is one step closer to going on his mission now and plans to go to the temple every week and even become a temple worker before he leaves if he can!
 Carew had such a good experience being in the temple, and I know that he understands the sacred importance of the promises he has made. He loves and wants to serve Heavenly Father and he is doing just that. Carew, I cannot say it enough... I love you and am so proud of you!!!
 Carew's friend Kate met us outside of the temple when we were done and congratulated Carew. She has not been endowed yet so didn't go with us, but is such a strong support for Carew. She wants those same blessings in her life and lives the kind of life that she too will be prepared for those glorious blessings one day soon. Who knows where each of their roads will lead, but for now, they walk side by side with each other on he same road...and they love it. And so do I. :) Kate is such a sweet girl and makes Carew be the best he can be. She brings out the best in him. :)
Before Carew actually went through the temple, we went shopping and bought all of his clothes, and Clint and I both sat down with him and explained some of the things we felt like sharing...I can tell that the Spirit has been very strong and present in our home and that Carew was calm yet excited, happy and confident, and the day turned out to be just as pleasing as I felt it would be...there really are no words for the joy that a parent feels to know that their children are walking in truth and righteousness...I can't say it enough...I am so happy! ;) 
 After we were done at the temple we took Carew and Kate out to dinner at the Olive Garden. It was a nice ending to a special day. We ate yummy food, visited, and had a good time just being together.
Italian food for the soon to be Italian missionary!!! 
Congratulations again Carew! I LOVE YOU!!! :)

No comments: