It is 2 days away from the wedding and I have yet to find a dress
that I feel good in and that fits all the criteria ...
modest.
cream color. Not blush, cream.
Not too tight, not too baggy.
Not too casual, and not too fancy...
It would be nice if undershirts and slip extenders were not needed, but THAT is almost impossible!!!
...and this is why TODAY I am missing my dad.
When I had my laser eye surgery done about 8 years ago, I remember feeling a little depressed because my "soft focused" vision that I was used to seeing everything out of suddenly had become VERY clear and I could now see ALL of my imperfections. My skin looked a little more flawed, my pimples popped out a little more, and EVERYTHING looked BIGGER...including my reflection in the mirror.
I was frustrated with myself for feeling the way I did, and I was a little down on myself.
My sweet dad noticed and asked me what was wrong. I was very blunt and honest and told him and his response was very clear. He told me in a way that only a dad can that I was his beautiful daughter and that I needed to see it and BELIEVE it!
So...today as the hunt continues for SOMETHING to wear to the wedding...I will tell myself that I am beautiful and THEN I will believe it.
Just like my dad would want me to. :)
By the way... I am sooo happy and excited for Kierra and Riley!
(But dress shopping for myself has got to be THE WORST part of planning the wedding!!!)
Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment