Carew made it to Italy!!!
I keep having to tell myself...
"No, this is NOT a dream, this picture was not photo-shopped...
YOUR SON IS ON A MISSION IN ITALY!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
I LOVE this picture of Carew (Anziano Trickett) standing with his mission president, President Pickerd and his wife. His smile is so genuine and BIG!!! :)
...and I know that's because he is so happy!!!
When I woke up this morning I went straight to the computer and saw that I had received an email confirming that Carew had made it there safely!
As I read the words I instantly was overcome with the spirit of love that these amazing people already have for my son and for all of the missionaries that they are over.
Here is a little of what they said...
"Dear Parents,
We wanted to let you know your missionary arrived safely at the mission home today. We love them already and have been praying for them before they came."
That tiny little bit of information brought me so much peace, comfort, and love...my heart was overcome with emotion and tears welled up in my eyes and soooo much gratitude in my heart...
We got to talk on the phone to Carew yesterday while he was in route at the airport, and although we only had a few minutes to talk, one of the things I remember most is asking him if he was nervous..he said, "No Mom, I'm not nervous at all! I kind of feel like I've been gone to a 6 week long BYU camp and now I'm on my way home."
I told him...
"Carew, when you get there, it probably will feel a little like you ARE coming home because of the familiar feelings of love that the spirit will bring to your heart. You are gaining a new family for the next 2 years that are going to love and support you just like we would if you were here."
I KNOW this is true and that President and Sister Pickerd and the other Anziani and Sorella's will be a loving and supportive family for Carew while he is serving the Lord and the people of Italy for the next 2 years!
Carew, I love you so much and am so excited for the blessings and growth to pour over you as I know they already are! I am also extremely grateful to a kind and loving Heavenly Father for this amazing gospel of Jesus Christ! I love it and HIM with all my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment