This weekend was a good one for many reasons...
but also because it was this little young lady's 99th birthday!!!
We threw her a birthday party on Friday at the church and invited her family, friends, neighbors, and ward family members to come with birthday love and wishes and it was a hit!
Right when Bernice walked into the gym and saw what we were doing she said,
"I didn't know we were having a party!"
I told her that now that she was here the party could get started and "Happy Birthday!" She replied, "Same to you!!!" ;) She is a crack up and I love her so much!
(My birthday is actually on the same day as her late husband Maurice which is September 22nd, and Bernice's birthday is exactly one week later. It's a fun little connection to have with her on top of the connection that we already have as friends. :)
So many people came to see her including Mayor Applegarth and his wife...
we served cake and ice ~cream to everyone, lit her "99" candles and sang Happy Birthday to her and watched her blow them out! What an accomplishment for sweet Grandma Bernice.
All of the kids took turns hugging her and wishing her happy birthday...
Kambriella chose to eat a cupcake with BRIGHT BLUE frosting (if you couldn't tell), and Bernice was also excited to see my "handsome husband" (in her words;) that picks her up for church and she gets to ride in his fancy car! :)
It was a fun night and I hope so bad that we get to do this again next year but even BIGGER when Bernice turns 100 years old!!!
Bernice tells me regularly, "Do you know that I was the president of the relief society 3 times?"
I always tell her how amazing she is and that's the truth! No matter where she goes or what she is doing she ALWAYS has a smile on her face for everyone she sees! She is so full of light that she attracts others and makes people happy just by being around.
Bernice has been a blessing to my life in so many ways, and I've been blessed to know her, serve her, be her visiting teacher, her substitute caregiver, and all around friend. :)
Happy 99th Birthday Bernice Beakstead!! WE LOVE YOU!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment