Heartstrings By Susette

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Conference Weekend

 On Saturday when the boys all headed out to the priesthood session of conference, I took the little sisters and we headed out on a girl's date of our own!
We went to the Thanksgiving Point farm and rode on a tractor pulled hay ride and looked at the pumpkins and animals...
 ...and we even got Kesslyn to ride on a pony!!!
Last time we came and tried to get her to ride the pony, all she did was scream! But this time, she was excited and ready to give it a try and seemed to love every minute of it! :)
 I told her she was getting to be a big girl, nice and brave just like her big sister Kambriella! ;)
  They even got to ride a little longer since we were the only ones there! The weather was a little cool and rainy, but that did not stop us from having a ball together! :)
 As we were getting ready to leave the farm, we noticed a big rainbow right above us...and I thought to myself, "Here is my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!" (My girls that is. ;)
 After we were done at the farm I gave the girls the option of gong to dinner, or just getting ice~cream...and ya know, life is short and I think every once in a while it's OK to just eat your dessert first! (Or instead of dinner all together like we did that night! ;)
We went to Baskin Robins and they LOVED it!
We also stopped at Claire's and picked out the sweetest sister BFF necklaces...I couldn't believe our luck! We found a package that had 3 BFF necklaces all for 3 sweet sisters! Now we will just have to mail Kierra's to her. (Kierra... Kesslyn chose the sun, Kambriella chose the moon, and so YOU get the star!) They are all sparkly and pretty and Kesslyn cried at bedtime when it was time to take off the necklace and hang it up for the night.;)
 Conference weekend was awesome as usual and we all enjoyed Saturday and Sunday together in the basement taking notes, drawing and gluing pictures in our journals and earning "conference cash" like we always do...
 Any time the kids would hear them talk about missionaries they would cut out pictures of Carew and write about it. When they talked about families and the temple they would cut out pictures of Kierra and Riley...and when they spoke anything at all...my heart would swell with love and gratitude for all of my blessings and this amazing gospel of Jesus Christ...
 There is no doubt in my mind that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter~day Saints is the only true church upon the earth and I'm so glad to be a part of it! The peace and conviction of truth that fills me up helps me to be motivated and dedicated to working hard at trying to be a little better each day...
If only we could have the whole week to celebrate conference instead of just 2 days...But that's OK, really it's a lifetime of celebrating conference because we get to go back and study the words over and over again and that makes me happy...because there is so much to learn and I want it to be a part of my life every single day. 
It's been a good weekend and a good Sabbath Day, and now I'm ready to head into a good, good week! 
P.S. I LOVE my family!!! :)

No comments: