Yesterday Kesslyn and I spent the day in the kitchen making dinner and dessert to take to a sweet family in our ward. I got the dinner going and then headed into full blown holiday mode with our "gingerbread feeling" of wearing our aprons and listening to Christmas music while we made M&M cookies. :) It was THE BEST! :)
Kesslyn kept poking her finger into the dough after each time we mixed in a new ingredient saying, "Mmmm!"
But when it was time to add the M&M's she got very serious and was TOTALLY FOCUSED on what she was doing...
I'm not sure if she was focused more on the color placement or on the amount she was adding...;) ;)
...or simply on NOT eating all of the M&M's...
But wherever her little mind was, she was having a GREAT time...and so was I! :)
We were VERY excited to have a yummy treat to give to Daddy too. :)
At one point I went over to the drawer to get a spoon, opened the drawer and found this...
I chuckled to myself and finally realized what she had been busy doing all the time I was fixing the dinner in the crock pot earlier...;) She had been rearranging the silver ware drawer!!!
What a good little helper I have!!!
After I put Kesslyn down for a nap I invited my friend Sheri to come over and visit with me in the kitchen while I made some homemade rolls too...It was a good change of scene for her to come over and talk about life and how she is coping with the loss she has been experiencing. It was a good visit and I was glad to have her in my home.
As the kids all began arriving home from school, I said goodbye to Sheri and started in on the kids different activities...Kambriella was off to piano lessons, Dallin was off to his Millennial Choir rehearsal, and Gavin took a plate of cookies and walked over to his Sunday school teacher's house where they went with a couple of other friends to the Draper temple to perform baptisms for the dead. He LOVES going to the temple! What a sweet boy. :)
Then it was time to go to Kambriella's 3rd Grade program which was titled a
"Frightfully Fantastic Fashion Show" all about the kids and Halloween.
Kambriella was Hermione Granger from Harry Potter...and this girl ROCKED:)
She said her part, led a dance, and got to jump off the stage as a "spider pig"...It was fun. :)
I loved watching her perform...and just like the award she got at dance...she was really BORN for the stage! And funny thing is...the Dracula directly behind her is Tyson Dibble and I'm pretty sure his mom and I are going to try and have an arranged marriage between the two! ;)
I just LOVE Mindy and her family and SOMEHOW we have got to make our families connect.;)
I mean c'mon, everyone know's that a good husband has to be able to make you laugh, right??
And he's already totally good at that AND making her smile...:)
I think HE was born for the stage too!!! ;)
(His mom and I have a running list of their childhood pics together...
you know, for the wedding video. ;)
It was pretty much an awesome day and now with it being Friday, I am ready for an awesome weekend too...Happy Friday! :)












No comments:
Post a Comment