Kambriella had just gotten home from school and I was heading out to take a sack of garbage to the trash. She was enthusiastically sharing all the details of her day with me and so
we walked and she talked and I listened.
She had so much to say, but paused at the trash can long enough to say,
"Mom, can we swing for just a minute?"
For an instant I thought of my LONG to do list and how I really didn't have a minute to spare...
and then I looked into her sweet face and thought,
"Man am I glad I have her to keep me in balance."
How could I afford NOT to swing for a minute??
So we sat down on Kami's swings (all her children are grown and she has begged us to continue to put them to use:) and let the world pass us by, just for a few minutes. We soaked in the warm sun and talked about how good it felt to have the wind flow through our hair as we were swinging...it was a peaceful and happy moment...one of the best in my day...
Then, last night...at 8:30...when homework was done, tumbling, acting, and basketball practice were over, piano and dinner and baths were finished...Kambriella and I headed out on a date for "her day" (even though it was supposed to be yesterday but we were with the family instead:).
We drove to Target where we walked through the isles looking at Halloween costumes, all the while Kambriella talked and talked and talked!!! (That little girl can talk! She must get it from her big sister;)
We played the laughing game where we took turns telling jokes but whoever laughed first would lose the game. We had fun dancing in the isles and playing the part of each costume we would pass...
Then after we had looked long enough we picked out a treat and a drink and drove across the street to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.
This was the part of our date that I was looking forward to the most...
I had packed up our warm coats and some blankets to set out on the grass, and we sat down and cuddled to stay warm and talked and talked some more.
Kambriella continued to tell me all about her friends and school..and more jokes. :)
She kept me listening and then I waited for the right time to start asking her questions about the temple.
"What do you love most about the temple?"
"Which temple is YOUR favorite?"
"Which temple do you want to get married in some day?"
She shared her thoughts with me and then amazed me with the words and understanding
of a spiritual giant...
She said,
"Mom, do you know what I love MOST about the temple? I just love how it's SO bright that it lights up the whole dark sky. Kind of like when Joseph Smith found the plates and the whole world was full of darkness and he helped bring all this light back into the world."
"Mom, do you know what I love MOST about the temple? I just love how it's SO bright that it lights up the whole dark sky. Kind of like when Joseph Smith found the plates and the whole world was full of darkness and he helped bring all this light back into the world."
Ya...
I sat there listening to this little 8 year old angel testify to ME of Joseph Smith and his role in the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth in these latter days.
It touched my soul and I didn't feel the cold outside anymore.
It was an awesome date with an AMAZING little girl that I am lucky enough to get to go through this mortal journey with. (But honestly this is how I feel about all of my kids.:)
Kambriella you and your testimony of the temple and of Joseph Smith shine so bright...just like the radiating light of the temple for ALL the world to see!
Share it with everyone and you will be such an amazing missionary!
I too know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel to the earth and helped these temples to be possible for sealing families for eternity!
Thank you for shining your light on me and for helping me to not only endure this life, but to thoroughly LOVE the journey! I'm the luckiest mom and I LOVE YOU!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment