Last night was a very special night for my Gavin...he went to the temple for the very first time! This was actually what he wanted to do for his 12th birthday party, but we had to wait for him to first be ordained a deacon, receive the priesthood, and get his temple recommend before we could go.
I thought it was so sweet that he wanted his dad and I to both be with him and Dallin on the first time he went, so it took us about a week and a half to find a free night where we could all be there, but we finally made it and it was sooo special!
We drove to the Bountiful temple (where they are doing a little construction on the outside of the temple) and left the little sisters with Tiffany and Colby while we were gone.
As we entered the doors to the temple and headed down the stairs to the baptistery, Gavin was BEAMING with the biggest smile that a little boy could have and I could see that he was just so so happy! I warned him ahead of time that we might have to wait for a while because usually the baptistery is full of youth waiting to do baptisms. But, guess what??? As if it were yet another tender mercy from a loving Heavenly Father, we were THE ONLY ones there!!! I could hardly believe it because this NEVER happens!!!
Because we were the only ones there, I felt like we had a little more special attention and like we were really able to focus on the feeling of what we were doing here JUST for Gavin.
Clint did the baptisms...first Dallin and then Gavin.
What I thought was special about the Bountiful Temple baptistery was that I got to sit right on the front row directly in front of the font to watch the baptisms AND I got to sit with my arm wrapped around sweet little Gavin while he waited his turn.
I loved how these boys were all dressed in white, giving service in such a meaningful way, and hugging their dad so tight when they were done. It made my mama heart happy. :)
While I sat waiting on a bench for the boys to all get changed back into their dry clothes, I was looking through the large glass window to the baptismal font and having a moment of peace where I felt heaven and earth combining.
I could see the people inside the font area dressed in white, talking and going about their duties, AND I could see slight reflections of the workers that were behind me reflecting on the glass in front of me...but they were ever so slight that they seemed to appear to me as angels in the baptistery.
This made me think of the people that were having their work done...people who lived here on earth before and died before ever having the opportunity to hear about or accept the gospel. Now, their spirits were patiently waiting for this day when it would be their chance to accept the gospel, partly because of these sweet boys who wanted to perform this service and help bring other families the eternal blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
This small moment of personal revelation and reflection were but an instant, but I felt the Holy Ghost so real and close to me testifying of what we had done...and it was good. So good.
After the boys all came out we were able to go into another room for the confirmations. Yet again, the spirit was strong and it testified to me of the goodness of the work that was going on.
The boys were FULL of light and the spirit. I loved every minute of it!
When we finished we spoke to the workers for a minute who thanked us for coming, and then they told us about all of the apostles that live in Bountiful that come to this temple often... Dieter F. Uchtdorf, David A. Bednar, Henry B. Eyring, and Russell M. Nelson...
Wouldn't THAT have been neat to see one of them there! ;)
As we came out of the temple it was getting dark, and we took a few pictures before heading to dinner...This picture shows the excitement that Gavin was bursting with at finally getting to go to the temple!!! Sweet boys!!!
Me and my Gavin. :)
Me and MY SWEETIE ;)
...and me and my sweetie and an excited little photo bomber Gavin!!! ;)
We ate at Rumbi for dinner and had fun talking and laughing and it was just one of those nights that I felt yet again so much love from our Heavenly Father. We are blessed beyond measure to live so lose to so many wonderful temples and I LOVE going there with my family! I CAN'T WAIT for the day when we will all get to be inside there together!
(Which won't be for a while since Kesslyn is only 2! ;) BUT...it gives me hope and a vision of something to work towards and to look forward to...
Until then, I will enjoy EVERY opportunity I get with ANY of my family to participate in these sacred ordinances in His holy house...and I will continue to soak in all of the loving spirit that I can feel in our home that feels like the temple!









No comments:
Post a Comment